Mr Nezar Tumia MB ChB, FRCS (Tr & Orth) MD (UK)
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
- Lower Limb Surgeon (foot, ankle, hip, knee)
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh (Tr & Orth)
- Doctorate of Medicine (Aberdeen)
- Completed an international fellowship in hip and knee arthroplasty and foot and ankle surgery in Toronto, Canada, 2007
- Undertook specialist orthopaedic registrar training through the Aberdeen training program, 2003-2008
- Was a clinical research fellow in Aberdeen, 2002-2003
- Appointed Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, June 2008
- British Orthopaedic Association (BOA)
- The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Hip resurfacing for young people with osteoarthritis. Improving surgical techniques and the use of computer navigation
- Knee meniscal cartilage regeneration. Enhancing cartilage repair in order to prevent knee joint osteoarthritis
- Contamination in the operative theatre and its potential sources
Miller D, Tumia N, Maffulli N. Anterior knee pain. Trauma. 2005; 7: 11-18.
Tumia N, Johnstone AJ. Regional regenerative potential of meniscal cartilage exposed to recombinant Insulin Like Growth Factor I in vitro. Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery [Br]. 2004; 86-B:1077-81.
Tumia N, Johnstone AJ. Regeneration of knee meniscal cartilage stimulated by basic Fibroblast Growth Factor in vitro. The American Journal of Sports Medicine. 2004; 32:915-920.
Tumia N, Deutman R, Hallett J, Mattsson S, Sanden B, Wardlaw D. Aberdeen Colles fracture brace as a treatment for Colles fracture: A multi-centre prospective randomised controlled trial. Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery [Br]. 2003; 85B (1): 78-82.
Abosala A, Tumia N, Anderson D. Non-penetrating traumatic rupture of tibialis posterior tendon. Injury. 2003; 34(11):866-7.
Tumia N, Kader D, Arena B, Maffulli N. Achilles tendinopathy in pregnancy. Clinical Journal of Sport Medicine. 2002; 12: 43-45.
Tumia N, Aschroft GP. Convection warmers - A possible source of contamination in laminar airflow theatre? Journal of Hospital Infection. 2002; 52: 171-174.